Wednesday 5 February 2014

PC World in Brighton are Dishonestly Claiming Money from my Bank Account!!!

 
I found a withdrawal from my bank account, "Product Support Ag" for £6. Confused I checked back and yes, there was one last month too. No idea what it was. Had I clicked something on the computer and committed myself to this payment? I rang my bank to find out.

It's all down to PC World.

I bought my computer there and it appears they just added insurance without telling me. The bank clerk says it's happening to lots of people, and the bank has to dispute the payments and try to get them refunded. This is what they are trying to do for me, and have also put a block on the payments.  I pay for most things on my credit card, which I clear every month - so it's easy to miss among so many transactions.

A Legal Crime?

Taking money from people without asking used to be known as stealing. How the world has changed! If you've bought a computer recently, do check your account and make sure PC World aren't stealing your money too. 

 
After all, if I nipped into their Brighton store and got caught stealing a couple of cartridges, they'd soon call the police and I would be shamed and humiliated.  In some ways, this seems a very similar "legal crime" to the awful PPI scandal.

Why is it okay to steal if you're big, but a police matter if you're an individual?

1 comment: