Monday 9 September 2013

Why I'm Reading The Sun in the Sunshine

Sunday 8 September and this was the view from where I was sitting in the lounge of the Royal Albion Hotel. There's Brighton Pier to the left. The hotel is past its sell-by date yet still has its special atmosphere of faded glory.  It's a nice place to go if you're on your own. 

Just before my first Brighton Christmas, I helped one of the staff put up the Christmas decorations and it was great fun. We never stopped laughing. Also used to meet friends here, although they are all doing different things now. (Something I said?)

So, happy memories.

A nice glass of white wine in front of me and a free copy of The Sun to read as the real thing streams through the window, what's not to like?  

The Sun is the only newspaper left, which is why I'm reading it.  Most people in a semi posh venue like the Royal Albion wouldn't be seen dead with The Sun. I got used to buying it when I was working in Adult Ed. helping people with learning difficulties. I used to have to buy easy-read newspapers so I could make learning materials out of the articles. 

Actually, I quite enjoyed reading it again, even though I wouldn't have gone out and bought a copy.

I still prefer the Guardian, the Independent or the lovely concise little i newspaper.  Especially since the latter is only 20p and 30p on Sundays. (Unless you can pick up a free copy at The Royal A.)

The thing with the Royal Albion is when you're fed up of the paper, you've still got the view.







No comments:

Post a Comment